Openbyte offers stable ICT solutions that are based on open source. We have industry experience of more than 20 years.
We offer Linux support on almost all of the Linux distributions, including Fedora, RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), Centos, Suse and Ubuntu in Gauteng (servicing Johannesburg, Midrand, Pretoria and outskirts). We offer licensing, service level and support agreements on a time and asset basis which includes either office hours, or 24/7 support and availability. Openbyte also performs ad hoc support as well as once off installations of open source server-based products including the following:
- Mysql: System database SLA’s.
- Windows file sharing
- Cups printing
- Caching proxy servers
- Backup solutions including BackupPC, rsync and hybrid solutions based on open source solutions
- Application servers
- VPN servers: OpenVPN and PPTP solutions for site to site VPN connectiivty and client server based models
- Firewalls: Using IPtables or high availabile BSD based PFsense installations
- Mail solutions: Postfix based mail server solutions
- Monitoring: Zabbix network,device and PC monitoring for client based, clientless via snmp and external monitoring.
- Web servers: Apache and Nginx web servers
- and more